ERISA requires plan assets be held in trust and overseen by a named trustee. The named trustee can be individuals or a corporate trustee and assume a fiduciary role to the Plan.
As a Directed or Discretionary Trustee, we have a responsibility to act solely in the interest of the plan participants and beneficiaries, collect contributions, pay reasonable expenses, credit and distribute the trust assets as directed by the Plan Administrator, and act in accordance with the terms of the Plan that are not contrary to ERISA.
As your Directed Trustee, we will provide the following services:
- Segregation of plan assets from other assets
- Safekeeping of assets
- Collect and credit income and dividend payments
- Update pricing of securities
- Vote proxies
- Quarterly statements and certified annual statements
As your Discretionary Trustee, in addition to the above services we will provide the following:
- Full responsibility for all decisions regarding investment of plan assets, including selection, monitoring and replacement
For more information contact:
Rosemarie M. Panico-Marino