Our ability to continue to meet your needs is paramount. We’re monitoring COVID-19-related events closely and have plans in place to ensure you can continue to manage your finances with us. We wanted to share some important updates and reminders with you.
We’re taking steps to serve you safely and responsibly
Your health and safety and that of our team members are important to us. We’ve put new precautionary measures in place with a view to help keep everyone a little safer and flatten the spread curve of COVID-19. To lighten foot traffic and minimize exposure to you and our team, we’re adjusting operations at our CIBC Banking Centers. This includes temporarily closing some offices, limiting others to drive-up only and reducing lobby hours at those remaining open. Please visit the Locations page on our website for details. These steps allow us to meet your needs today while creating reserves to continue to meet your needs in the coming days. We appreciate the dedication of all of our team members and want to assure you that none will experience a disruption in pay as a result of these changes.
Safe deposit boxes will remain accessible. For locations closed temporarily, please call 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. to make an appointment to access your box. For banking centers with reduced lobby hours, we ask that you visit during business hours.
Should you need to visit a banking center, please visit our Locations page for the updated hours. We’re taking extra steps daily to clean and disinfect surfaces in our locations, provide alcohol-based hand sanitizers and follow protocols recommended by public health agencies to keep you and our team members safe. Of course, if you’re feeling unwell, we ask that you stay home and give us a call, visit us online or use our mobile app instead.
Our virtual banking options offer you safety and convenience
We offer a number of options to allow you to conduct your banking business at any time, without visiting a banking center:
- CIBC NetBanking® allows you to check balances, pay bills, transfer funds from internal and external accounts, stop a check, order checks and update your account information from your personal computer. Not enrolled? Visit our NetBanking pageOpens a new window in your browser. to get started.
- CIBC U.S. Mobile Banking® allows you to pay bills, transfer funds, make direct payments to individuals via People Pay and deposit checks with remote deposit via your mobile phone or tablet and our mobile banking app. Don’t have the app? Visit our mobile banking page to get started.
- Client Support Center team members can check balances, transfer funds, open new consumer accounts for existing clients, stop a check, send a wire transfer and more. Call us at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app.. Our team is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm CT and Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm CT.
- Automated Telephone Banking is available 24 hours a day, allowing you to transfer funds, access deposit and loan account information or change your PIN. Call 877-825-5554Opens your phone app. for 24-hour telephone banking.
- Mobile wallet tools like Apple Pay allow you to use your debit card for contactless payment at many vendors. CIBC People Pay allows you to send funds directly to an individual via our CIBC U.S. Mobile App.
Watch out for scams
Fraudsters often use times of uncertainty to trick you into disclosing sensitive information such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, usernames and passwords, credit or debit card numbers, PINs and more. As a reminder, CIBC will never request this information through direct calls to you. Be alert for strange phone numbers, emails, texts and websites that purport to be legitimate government agencies or businesses. If you suspect fraud on your account, alert us immediately at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app..
Let us help
While the impact of the pandemic on jobs and financial stability is still unclear, we want to remind you that CIBC Bank USA offers an Economic Hardship Loan to help our valued clients through tough times caused by unforeseen events.
The Economic Hardship Loan is for current consumer clients who have unique and urgent financial needs due to the pandemic. We offer loan amounts up to $10,000 with no payments for the first 90 days and 0% interest for the life of the loan, up to 24 months. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact the Client Support Center at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. for details.
Our team is monitoring events closely and will continue to ensure client needs continue to be met. Please call our Client Support Center at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. with any immediate or urgent questions. We apologize in advance if you experience longer than normal wait times due to higher call volumes.