Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
This notice is provided by CIBC.
What we do
How does CIBC protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does CIBC collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account
- Use your debit card
- Apply for a loan
- Pay your bills
- Make a wire transfer
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
What can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your credit worthiness
- Affiliaites from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include companies with the CIBC name and also include the following financial companies:
- CIBC National Trust Company;
- CIBC Private Wealth Advisors, Inc.;
- CIBC Delaware Trust Company;
- CIBC Private Wealth Group, LLC.; and
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- CIBC does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies.