To limit our sharing
Call toll-free: 877-448-6500
Note: If you’re a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Call toll-free 877-448-6500. You can also go to cibc.com/US
Who are we
Who is providing this notice?
This notice is provided by CIBC Bank USA.
What we do
How does CIBC protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does CIBC collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or make deposits or withdrawals from your account
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your debit card or make a wire transfer
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
What can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include companies with the CIBC name and also include the following financial companies:
- CIBC National Trust Company;
- CIBC Private Wealth Advisors, Inc.;
- CIBC Delaware Trust Company;
- CIBC Private Wealth Group, LLC.;
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce;
- CIBC World Markets Corp.; and
- CIBC Inc.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- CIBC Bank USA does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies.
Other Important Information
For California residents: We won’t share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates, except as permitted by California law, such as to service your account. We’ll limit sharing among our affiliates to the extent required by California law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.
For Vermont residents: We won’t share information we collect about you to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to service your account. We’ll limit sharing among our affiliates to the extent required by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.