Keeping you updated on the COVID-19 response and how it affects our business operations is important to us. This message outlines important changes to our banking center availability, as well as programs available to you if you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of this pandemic.
Banking center availability
On Friday, March 20, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker directed all residents of the state to stay at home, except to access essential services. The order is in effect until Tuesday, April 7.
While banks are exempt from the Governor’s order, we’re taking additional steps to modify our banking center service in all of our markets to help protect our teams and our clients.
- All banking center lobbies will be closed. Clients are asked to use drive-up services where available. Birmingham, Milwaukee and St. Louis branch services will be available by appointment only between 12 pm and 3 pm local time. Clients should call 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. to schedule an appointment.
- We will continue to serve you through our drive-up locations, but hours will be reduced to 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Saturday hours, where available, remain unchanged.
- Safe deposit boxes will be accessible by appointment only at all locations. Clients should call 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. to schedule an appointment.
- ATMs will remain accessible, as long as they are outside of the building.
- Banking centers with night depository services will continue to process overnight deposits.
An updated locations directory reflecting these changes can be found on our Locations page. As a reminder, you can conduct many banking transactions 24/7 via online banking and mobile banking. Our Client Contact Center is available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7 pm CT, and Saturday, 8 am to 1 pm CT, at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app..
Financial hardship relief
We know these are challenging times for many and we’re here to help. The following programs may be available to you if you’re experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Consumer Loan Payment Deferral: CIBC Bank USA will offer qualifying consumer clients experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 an option to suspend their next 4 monthly payments of principal and interest with no credit bureau impact. Qualifying consumers with quarterly payment schedules will have an option to defer payments for 120 days with no credit bureau impact. To request this program, consumers should call the CIBC U.S. Client Support Center at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app..
- Small Business Loan Payment Deferral: CIBC Bank USA will offer qualifying small business clients experiencing business disruption due to COVID-19 the ability to defer their next 4 principal and interest payments with no credit bureau impact. Clients should call their relationship manager to request this assistance.
- Economic Hardship Loan: CIBC Bank USA offers existing consumer clients experiencing personal financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic the ability to apply for an Economic Hardship Loan of up to $10,000 with no payments for 90 days and no interest for the life of the loan, up to 24 months. Clients should call the Client Support Center at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. to begin the application.
We are committed to you and working together in these challenging circumstances. We appreciate and value each of our clients and hope that you and your families remain safe.