Accessibility Quick Links
Contact client services
Updated measures in our U.S. CIBC Banking Centers to respond to COVID-19
Banking center availability
Thank you for your patience over the last few months as we all adapted to new ways of doing normal things in the pandemic environment. We are excited to let you know that, as of June 29, we will reopen many of our banking center lobbies in the U.S., and we’re extending hours at all drive-up locations. An updated locations directory reflecting these changes can be found on our Locations page.
We continue to provide by-appointment access for branch banking and safe deposit box access at banking centers where the lobbies remain closed. Please call our Client Contact Center, available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm CT, and Saturday, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm CT, at 877-448-6500 Opens your phone app..
We know that in-person banking may not be right for everyone at this time. Our Client Support Center, online and mobile banking, ATMs and night depository service remain available for many of your needs, and you can now open a checking account via our website.
Finally, reopening does mean changes to how we interact with you. Below are the safety measures we’ve put in place and the practices to follow as we work to keep our clients and our teams safe.
Thank you for being a CIBC client. We are pleased to provide your banking services and look forward to serving you in the way that best meets your needs.
Revised banking center safety measures
To help maintain a clean and safe environment to serve your banking needs, we have taken the following steps:
- A mask will be required for anyone visiting our banking center lobbies. You may be asked to briefly lower your mask for identification purposes.
- We have installed transparent physical dividers inside banking center lobbies, at teller stations and in office meeting spaces.
- We will limit occupancy for your safety and ours. For your reference, a maximum capacity notice will be posted at entrances.
- Floor decals have been placed near teller stations and walk-up ATM areas to support physical distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all locations for clients and team members.
- We have enhanced cleaning practices in place throughout our banking centers, and tellers will wear gloves for cash-handling.
Financial hardship relief
We know these are challenging times for many and we’re here to help. The following programs may be available to you if you’re experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Loan payment deferral for 4 monthly payments or 1 quarterly payment, depending on the consumer’s payment schedule
- Foreclosures and evictions suspended until September 18, 2020
- Waiving overdraft and non-sufficient funds fees on deposit accounts, and early withdrawal penalties on Certificates of Deposit
- Economic Hardship Loan for consumer clients who have had an account with CIBC Bank USA for at least 30 days. Offers a loan up to $10,000 with no payments or interest for the first 90 days
- New: Escrow Deferral Relief Program to coincide with a client’s loan payment deferral