You need a safe place to put your money, with a reasonable return. A CD could be the right fit.
Mar. 22, 2022
Why choose a CD?
- Earn a fixed rate of interest
- Save with no annual or custodial fees
- Choose from term lengths between 30 days and five years
- Withdraw all funds or renew at maturity
- Reduce volatility and risk found in other types of investments
Savings “sweet spot”
- CDs frequently offer higher rates of return than most savings accounts for a predetermined length of time — or “term” — between 30 days and five years.
- You may pay a penalty if you take an early withdrawal from a CD.
- Savings accounts offer lower rates of returns than CDs, are 100% liquid and let you withdraw funds without penalty.
Ready to start saving?