When a natural disaster, such as a flood, wildfire, earthquake, tornado or hurricane, occurs and causes serious damage to your property, we’re here to help. Contact the Client Support Center at 877-448-6500Opens your phone app. or email firstname.lastname@example.orgOpens your email app..
How to prepare
Here are some ways that you can prepare for a natural disaster:
- Research what kinds of natural disasters your property may be at risk for, and what can prevent or limit the damage.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest weather reports. You can sign up for weather emergency alerts in your area.
- Make sure your insurance is up-to-date and paid in full, and that your policy has the appropriate disaster coverage.
- Validate your contact information with our Client Support Center team.
- Consider contributing to an emergency fund in case you’re ever temporarily unable to access bank services.
- Take inventory of all of your key documents, like your birth certificate and social security card, and valuables, in case of damage or loss.
For more information on how to prepare for a natural disaster, visit Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)Opens a new window in your browser. and the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) Resource GuideOpens a new window in your browser..
If you’re experiencing financial hardship as the result of a natural disaster, you may be eligible to defer your mortgage payments or utilize other flexible payment options. Contact the Client Support Center for details.
In addition, CIBC Bank USA offers a Natural Disaster Hardship Loan to help our valued clients who have unique and urgent financial needs due to various unforeseen economic events. We offer loan amounts up to $10,000, with no payments for the first 90 days and 0% interest for the life of the loan, up to 24 months1. Contact the Client Support Center for more information.